Four County Electric Membership Corporation was established in 1937 by a group of community leaders working together to bring electricity to the rural areas. The first lines were built in 1938 with a loan from the U.S. Rural Electrification Administration. Today, more than 5,400 miles of overhead, underground, and transmission lines provide reliable electric service to over 30,000 consumer accounts which include residences, farms, businesses, industries, churches, and schools.
Four County Electric is a not-for-profit electric Cooperative owned by the people it serves. As a hometown utility, Four County is committed to providing safe, reliable and affordable energy to its more than 31,000 commercial and residential member-owners in six North Carolina counties, including Bladen, Duplin, Pender, Sampson, Columbus and Onslow counties.